At Timezone, we are committed to playing it safe.
As of Monday 18 October, all Auckland Timezone venues and Victoria St remain closed in accordance with Alert Level 3.
All venues outside of Auckland are currently open in line with Government Alert Level 2 restrictions.
To maximise safety, Birthday Parties can not be booked in regions until they return to Level One.
As soon as we can, we'll be back open and continuing to ensure all government requirements are met and continue to operate under our mantra of Minimal Touch, Maximum Clean, Keep the Distance! Please see the table below for a status on your nearest venue.
|VENUE||Current Alert Level||Status|
|Timezone Botany Town Centre||3||Closed|
|Timezone Courtenay Place||2||Open|
|Timezone Palmerston North||2||Open|
|Timezone Rotorua Motion Entertainment||2||Open|
|Timezone Victoria St||3||Closed|
Stay Home If Sick
First things first, please stay home if you show any signs of illness. Our team will be doing the same. We will gladly postpone any bookings if you can’t make it on a particular day.
Team Certified Training
Our team have all completed and been certified with our new training, ‘Hygiene Hero’. Developed to cover everything Covid-19 related so they understand what COVID-19 is and how it is best prevented. What sanitisation cleaning is required and how this is done, and what to do in the event that a team member or Guest is in the venue who has flu like symptoms. The team who are certified will be wearing a ‘Hygiene Hero’ badge so you can be sure that you are in safe hands.
- We’ve introduced hand sanitising stations at key areas of our venues.
- While our games will be clean, sanitising wipe stations are now throughout our venues, giving you have a safe choice if you want to wipe down the game before hitting Player One.
- We encourage you to use contactless payment over cash. We have enabled PayWave on all our eftpos machines. We will have an online advance booking system coming soon.
- After your next big win on a game, you will notice that the paper tickets have turned to electronic tickets that will load automatically onto your Powercard.
- If bowling, you can wear your own sneakers rather than bowling shoes.
- PPE like gloves and masks are not recommended by the health authorities, but we do have some on hand if you feel more comfortable – just ask our team.
- We’ve introduced our ‘Hygiene Heroes’ who will provide detailed sanitisation of equipment.
- We’ve classified some of our high touch attractions ‘Single-use Sanitise’. These are our attractions that will be cleaned after every use and signage placed on them to let you know their safe. This includes activities such as bowling balls, VR games, laser and bumper cars.
- We have hourly clean routines for all our team, with sanitising equipment on hand. They will not only be cleaning games but high traffic areas like handrailing’s, door handles, and bathrooms.
- We’re taking our end of day clean to the next level and going for daily deep clean.
Keep the Distance
- We are complying with Government Restrictions of only allowing a maximum of 50 people into our venues at one time.
- We're asking all guests to Stay and Play in their bubbles and keep the distance from people they don't know.
- You’ll see distance reminders and direction markers at key areas and positioning prompts just in case you forget in all the excitement.
To comply with New Zealand Government requirements, we are displaying the official NZ COVID Tracer QR code posters at the entrance to our venues. Please check-in when you arrive.
As the times change then so will we. Our processes are being constantly refined and our responses finetuned. Our team are undergoing more training, have more information, and are better prepared than ever to provide you with a fantastic, fun experience in a safe and secure space.